To-do lists don’t need to be complicated, the abundance of people who choose to just use a pen and paper for the job without coming across any problem. But yet it seems like a new to-do list app comes out every single day.
But Why?. It quite simple because keeping track of your tasks is a profoundly personal thing, and people will reject anything that doesn’t appear right instantly. That why it’s hard to find the right to-do app for your needs.
For this post, I’ve been researching the best to-do apps. Looking through all of them to find the right ones for various uses. Each of the to-do app can be use on nearly every platform like: Android, Windows, macOS, and iPhone/iPad. Whatever you are looking for, one of following apps is going to be right for you.
Todoist comes with a beautiful interface that focuses you on the tasks at hand. This to-do app features things like integrating Google Calendar, so your tasks and events can meet up.
Furthermore, it works great for everyday tasks like sharing a grocery list or shopping list with your significant other or splitting it up among roommates.
This makes it an exceptional family-to-do list app you can rely on.
Features of Todoist
- Recurring due dates
- Task and project comments
- Color-coded labels
- Loads of preset templates to get started easily
- Multiple third-party integrations to power up your to-do list software
- Good free version
- Cannot set statuses for different stages of your task
- The Calendar view for tasks is limited
- Cannot collaborate with your team efficiently
Lastly the pricing, Todoist offers three pricing plans: Free, Premium ($4 per month) and lastly Business ($6 per user per month)
Things take a minimalist approach and give you a lot of white space to add details for your projects or chores. You start with a big list and then add smaller elements underneath.
As a task manager, this allows for more nesting and helps you separate tasks into more categories. The checklist app also has a feature called the Magic Plus button.
This feature isn’t as grand as it sounds but is still a handy way to add a new task, no matter which category they fall in. Regrettably, Things is only for Mac and iOS environment only.
Features of Things
- Calendar events
- Upcoming list
- Quick find
- Natural Language Processing
- Good task sorting filters
- Can handle basic task management
- Sync quickly with the Things Cloud service
- Apple only
- Can’t collaborate on tasks or lists
- No free version available
Pricing for Things, there’s three pricing plans for Mac it $49.99, iPhone and Apple Watch $9.99 and lastly iPad it $19.99
Microsoft To-Do integrates with Office 365, giving you access to the ultimate productivity suite.
You can even create lists and add tasks from other Microsoft software like Outlook, and rank your tasks by due dates and colour-coded labels. It’s one of the reasons why it’s usually one of the top to-do list apps.
Features of Microsoft To Do
- Basic task management
- Due dates
- Outlook integration
- Sharing and invites
- Completely free
- Supports syncing your to-do list over multiple platforms
- User-friendly interface
- Lacks advanced task management software capabilities
- Limited customisability
- Doesn’t support natural language input to streamline note-taking
Pricing.. It simple, Microsoft To Do is Free
Remember The Milk has been around for a while, and it is still a solid choice for a daily tasks app.
Whether it’s getting milk after work or calling family members on their birthday, this to do list app offers a central place to organise all of your lists ideas.
The smart list feature lets you write out the details and due dates in one line with natural language. Also, this app sends you texts and Gmail notifications based on how you want to receive information.
Simply opts for simple tags and smart list features over the more formal “projects” which is a good choice for a personal daily checklist app.
Features of Remember The Milk
- Filter tasks by priority
- Due dates
- Recurring tasks
- Location-based tasks
- Stay in sync with Outlook
- Simple todo list management
- The user-friendly web app interface
- Loads of third-party app integrations for added functionality
- Can’t add location-based reminders, or be used as a powerful task manager for your task list
- Can’t handle complex team collaboration requirements
Remember The Milk offers two pricing plans: Basic and Pro
TeuxDeux is a well-designed to-do app. In the app, tasks are laid out in a weekly view, showing the most important tasks you need to do for each day of the week.
You can quickly add in recurring tasks, so you no longer have to rewrite the same thing every day or schedule it out every single day.
Features of TeuxDeux
- Recurring tasks
- Customisable smart list capability
- Tasks roll over to the next day
- Markdown support
- Regular emails on the daily tasks
- User-friendly interface
- Multiple text-formatting options available
- Task roll-over function for recurring to-do list items
- There is no free version
- Cannot easily collaborate with your team over tasks
TeuxDeux offers only one pricing plan that starts at $3 per month.
This simple to-do app can help you organise everything in life.
You can use it for personal stuff, work stuff, and more. It helps you quickly create and share lists, assign tasks to people and monitor progress.
Any.do is accessible on your desktop, mobile, tablet, and even your watch! Once you create tasks, you don’t need to worry about missing your deadlines because of Any.do lets you set daily, weekly, monthly, or location-based reminders.
Features of Any.do
- Daily tasks planner
- Built-in calendar app
- One-time, recurring, and location-based reminders
- Recurring reminders
- Lets you organise tasks, lists, and reminders from one place
- Apps available on your desktop, tablet, mobile, and smartwatches
- You can Siri and Amazon Alexa for a certain list, so that makes it streamline the shopping experience
- The free version only offers limited features
- Its interface is complicated and challenging to use
- No native integrations, so a user must rely on a third-party app such as Zapier
Any.do offer two pricing plans: Free and Premium ($5.99 per month)