One of the best selling products is JIRA is a bug tracking and project management for Agile teams. If you are into research for a project management tool for any business, you would have probably come across this name before, with JIRA being on your short-list
Developed by Atlassian, JIRA is used in 122 countries, with more than 65,000 customers. It’s designed to support Agile teams to plan, build, track progress, has fully-featured task management, reporting, and team collaboration. With JIRA you can manage a variety of different project, but JIRA has some disadvantages which make many of the customers look for alternatives to JIRA.
Users that use JIRA are mostly confused which using the tool and have found that the interface becomes clunky most of the time. Small businesses also have a problem with their plans, which can cost up to $28,000 per year and for a team of 500 if you use their cloud version so this makes many of them look for alternatives.
So why you should look for an Alternative to Jira?
Jira is certainly a feature-packed tool. It almost seems like a perfect project management software solution for your business, but ultimately you understand that the tool is complicated for your team and your projects. Surely, the platform indeed eases communication for your group and even enables you to establish a highly customised system that works exactly the way you aim.
Overall, Jira is hard to learn and it’s somewhat outdated.
If you’ve used Jira for a long time, here’s some few things that you might be able to relate to. Just take a moment to carefully evaluate these factors in your mind and ask yourself:
Is Jira worth it?
Jira takes too much effort. It takes longer than a “moment” to learn how the software works, so you’ll know that the learning curve is steeper than you expect. This software is clunky and using it daily is somewhat frustrating.
The interface of Jira is disappointing. The software still has a few inefficiencies which make it an overly-complex tool to work with. The customisation options are often cumbersome. If you expect to boost your productivity using Jira, be ready to invest considerable time and effort to figure out how to use the interface in a productive manner.
It’s not for everybody. Jira was basically built with development teams in mind. It works well for any sized organisations, but when it comes to freelancers, it proved to be ineffective and in the fact that its considerably pricey and it certainly doesn’t fit everyone’s budget.
nTask is a task management platform for smart teams to use and do and accomplish more. It’s one of the only online project management software that provides every tool that you’ll need to plan. nTask isn’t just limited to being an effective task management platform but it is also quite robust as a meeting management tool as well.
Whether you are a student, professional, or executive, nTask just works fine as per your needs and requirements. Thus, nTask emerges as a great JIRA alternative without having to sacrifice good design and responsiveness.
Features of nTask:
- Leverage Gantt charts for a holistic view to your entire project schedule
- Monitor the time spent on each task for each member through timesheets
- Assess probable risks and their frequency through risk matrix and pie charts
- Share information and checklists with outside parties via links
Price: Free for Freelancers/Individuals to $7.99 per month, per user for Larger Corporations
Asana is another great JIRA alternative for teams use to stay focused on the goals, projects, and daily tasks that grow business. Whether it is about getting organised, staying on track, or even hitting deadlines, Asana can do it all for you. In work management software Asana, you can monitor the status of all your projects in real time, so you can keep strategic initiatives on track and easily report on progress.
It also lets you easily organise and plan workflows, projects, and more, so that you can keep up with your team’s work.
Features of Asana:
- Set priorities, deadlines and assign tasks and share details in a single place
- Create visual project plans to see how every step maps out over time
- Address project risks and report updates to stakeholders
- You’ll find over 100+ Asana integrations
Price: Free for Individuals to $24.99 per user, per month billed annually for or teams and companies
Mavenlink is a software that brings project management, time tracking, resource planning and more into one place. Its a tool specifically designed for services organisations that enables them to connect with people, create projects, and make profits. Mavenlink is a complete mix of collaborative resource planning and project management software that helps you see and manage every resource across every project in one place..
Features of Mavenlink:
- Efficient task and time tracking
- Role-based estimating and business intelligence
- Advanced analytics to view performance
- Project accounting and team collaboration
Price: $19.00 per month for 5 users to $39.00 per month per user
Hygger is a simple JIRA alternative that has powerful features such as time-tracking, kanban boards, roadmap planning so that you can stay focused on the tasks that will help your business grow. It allows you to break your goals into an actionable plan so that you can visualise it into beautiful roadmaps that your team and stakeholders will love.
Features of Hygger:
- Breakdown your project plan into individual tasks
- See exactly what should be done and promptly detect the bottle-necks
- Manage all your conversations, checklists, and files in one place
- Prioritise intelligently using Value/Effort Matrix
- Create comprehensive and accurate timelines
- Visualise your custom workflows using Kanban boards
- Use swimlanes to highlight the most important tasks
Price: Free to $14.00 per user per month
Wrike is another JIRA alternative on today’s list. This alternative is a cloud-based project management and collaboration software that scales across teams that will suit any type of business.
Whether you are looking for a JIRA alternative to simplify planning or furthering better collaboration among team members, Wrike is everything you need to complete your projects in one place. Its customisable enough for each person on the team to easily see the big picture and get things done.
Wrike can connect to your essential business such as Google, Microsoft, Adobe® Creative Cloud®, Box, GitHub, JIRA tools to it and make it your project control center.
Features of Wrike:
- View real-time reports and status for your team’s projects
- Centralise communication with stakeholders while maintaining full context
- Discuss project and task details with the full context of the work
- Tag images and videos to provide specific feedback to projects
- Share reports that interactive, and schedule notifications on a regular basis
Price: Free for 5 users to $24.80 per user per month
With Quick Base it’s an application-building platform, that anyone can create the tools they need to collect, track and analyse information easily without getting involved in complicated coding. With this JIRA alternative, you can build apps by selecting a template, uploading an existing spreadsheet and building out tables with quick actions.
Quick Base offers integrations with several other cloud solutions, including Salesforce, NetSuite, Gmail, and Box.
Features of Quick Base:
- Manage projects, service requests, supply chain, documents
- powerful, scalable, secure platform that eliminates manual processes
- Gain real-time visibility into projects and data
- Save time by automating manual tasks
- Configure rich and interactive dashboards to visualise data
Price: $500.00 per year
VivifyScrum is an Agile project management tool that features both Scrum and Kanban boards. Unlike JIRA, its heavy right on out-of-the-box with features, yet much lighter on your budget. Besides it has in-depth project management, VivifyScrum offers tools to manage your team, track their engagements across projects, as well as extract valuable reports from Burndown Charts and Scrum Metrics.
Features of VivifyScrum:
- Task & issue template creation
- Burndown chart, Scrum metrics and sprint goals
- Assigned comments and multiple assignees per task
- Invoicing and internal documentation
- Time tracking for each task within the app
- Team management and report generation
Price: Up to 10 users $10.00 per month
This intuitive project management and team collaboration called Ora is your teams’ command center. This is a place to track projects. Tasks. Time. Commits. Status Reports for your entire product or business!
Ora has everything your team needs to get work done! Task management, Scrum, Kanban, timeline, schedule, issues tracking, time-tracking, checklists, task relationships, automation, integrations, productivity shortcuts, reports on projects & team productivity.
Features of Ora:
- Ora Board: which is a highly visual Kanban board
- Ora Sprints: which is intuitive Scrum sprints
- Time-tracking: track time as simple as playing/pausing a timer on a task
- Timeline: manage your resources in a modern Gantt View & Schedule
- Project Views: create multiple Kanban boards in one project
- List Actions: automation that do the boring PM work for you
- Integrate your favourite system such as Git
Price: Free for up to 3 Users to $15.99 per user per month