You can easily turn your wordpress powered website into a responsive website using some great responsive plugins. To help you limit your search, Today’s wordpress wednesday post I’ve put together a small list of 8 WordPress responsive plugins to help you out. The list includes plugins for sliders, images, videos, layouts and more.
Respond.js is a fast & lightweight polyfill for min/max-width CSS3 Media Queries (for IE 6-8, and more).
The Responsive Select Menu plugin automatically turns any WordPress 3 Menu into a select box / dropdown on mobile devices.
- Takes up less screen real estate on mobile devices
- Easier navigation for touch screens
- Works automatically – no need to add extra PHP code
Add a Vertical Response signup form to your sidebar without touching code.
- Custom widget title (if empty, shows no title)
- Define your own Button Text (Subscribe, Submit, Add Me!, Go, etc.)
- Show an intro paragraph and define your own wrapping tag (defaults to a paragraph tag).
- Choose from two styles:
- Default Vertical Response style (gray)
- Choose your own colors
- No style (make your own using CSS)
Insert a responsive Google Map with shortcode [tb_google_map].
A cross-browser jQuery responsive images loader for WordPress: The goal of this library is to deliver optimized, contextual image sizes in responsive layouts that utilize dramatically different image sizes at different resolutions in order to improve page load time.
6. WP Resize Me
This is a simple plugin, targeted for responsive themes, that adds a resize me graphic to the bottom right corner of the website.
This plugin makes videos responsive using the FitVids jQuery plugin on WordPress. The options page is located on the dashboard menu under Appearance as “FitVids”. From there you can add your selector and turn jQuery on and off.
Converting any wordPress theme into responsive theme. Unfortunately this plugin is current under development.