Any websites that use WordPress really benefits from a good clean up every once in a while as it keep it running fast and efficiently. Today’s WordPress Wednesday Post features 10 best plugins that will help you check, scan and backup various behind the scenes aspects of WordPress to keep everything in check
ManageWP Worker plugin allows you to remotely manage your WordPress sites from one dashboard.
- Secure and fast solution for managing your WordPress sites
- One click upgrades for WordPress, plugin and themes across all your sites
- Schedule automatic backups of your websites (Amazon S3 and Dropbox supported)
- One click to access WP admin of any site
- Install WordPress, clone or migrate a website to another domain
- Bulk install themes and plugins to multiple sites at once
- Add sub-users (writers, staff..) to your account
- Bulk publish posts to multiple sites at once
- SEO Statistics, track your keyword rankings
- Uptime monitoring
- Much, much more…
2. WP CleanFix
WP CleanFix is a management tool for for check, repair, fix and optimize your WordPress blog. The Ajax interface allow to manage all status in one only page
Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
Adds a maintenance-page to your blog that lets visitors know your blog is down for maintenancetime. User with rights for theme-options get full access to the blog including the frontend.
Activate the plugin and your blog is in maintenance-mode, works and see the frontend, only registered users with enough rights. You can use a date with a countdown for informations the visitors or set a value and unit for infomrations. Also you can add urls for exlude of maintenance mode.
WP Security Scan checks your WordPress website/blog for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrective actions such as:
- File permissions
- Database security
- Version hiding
- WordPress admin protection/security
- Removes WP Generator META tag from core code
Wordfence Security is a free enterprise class security plugin that includes a firewall, virus scanning, real-time traffic with geolocation and more.
- Scans core files against repository versions to check their integrity.
- WordPress Multi-Site (or WordPress MU in the older parlance) compatible (beta).
- Wordfence Security for multi-site also scans all posts and comments across all blogs from one admin panel.
- Premium API key also scans themes and plugins against repository versions.
- See how files have changed. Optionally repair changed files that are security threats.
- Scans for signatures of over 44,000 known malware variants that are known security threats.
- Continuously scans for malware and phishing URL’s in all your comments, posts and files that are security threats.
- Scans for heuristics of backdoors, trojans, suspicious code and other security issues.
- Checks the strength of all user and admin passwords to enhance login security.
- Monitor your DNS security for unauthorized DNS changes.
- Includes a firewall to block common security threats like fake Googlebots, malicious scans from hackers and botnets.
- Rate limit or block security threats like aggressive crawlers, scrapers and bots doing security scans for vulnerabilities in your site.
- Choose whether you want to block or throttle users and robots who break your security rules.
- Includes login security to lock out brute force hacks and to stop WordPress from revealing info that will compromise security.
- and more…
Allows you to optimize database, repair database, backup database, restore database, delete backup database , drop/empty tables and run selected queries. Supports automatic scheduling of backing up, optimizing and repairing of database.
This plugin will check your posts, comments and other content for broken links and missing images, and notify you if any are found.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
With User Role Editor WordPress plugin you can change user role (except Administrator) capabilities easy, with a few clicks. Just turn on check boxes of capabilities you wish to add to the selected role and click “Update” button to save your changes. That’s done. Add new roles and customize its capabilities according to your needs, from scratch of as a copy of other existing role. Unnecessary self-made role can be deleted if there are no users whom such role is assigned.
Role assigned every new created user by default may be changed too. Capabilities could be assigned on per user basis. You can add new capabilities and remove unnecessary capabilities which could be left from uninstalled plugins. Multi-site support is provided.
10. Clean Options
Finds orphaned options and allows for their removal from the wp_options table